Saturday, September 20, 2008

Wow, you guys, this stuff is kind of hard....

So, still trying to set up my own business. I've done a lot of research, footwork, praying and decision making; and now maybe all for nothing. Let me back up. I went this week to check out both of the places I was interested in having a salon studio in. Decided on one, which wasn't too hard. It just fits my situation better mostly, and offers some incentives that are very helpful. I talked to a guy who can help me with the taxes, and is also suggesting a lawyer to set everything up for me on the business side. I went through a painstaking process of deciding which product line to carry (hard because I was trained on a couple of different lines, but have some interesting connections to another). All of this while still working Rockies games. I had one day off. And finally, I really sat down and figured out numbers. Whether I have enough clients, how much start-up will really cost, marketing, what I still need equipment-wise, all of that. And I figured by this coming week, to sign paperwork and really get the business side started (I can actually start working without the state licensing, I just have to prove I'm in the process of getting it), I need at least $700. Not too bad.

So, this would have all been totally fine, as we were expecting the surplus from Joel's student loans which would have covered it with no problem. However, Friday we found out that for some reason this time the funds were split differently, and we'll be getting the whole amount in March. Warning: severe whining to follow. We don't NEED all of that in March!!! I just need some of it now!

I'm still hoping that we can scrape it together and everything will work out, but sheesh, can't anything go my way this year??

2 comments:

Amber and The Boys said...

Wow! I didn't know you were doing that-how exciting! I want updates on how it is coming. Remember I am a business owner too and LOVE doing anything to help other women go into business. Let me know if I can help at all!

Kelly said...

Love your blog. Although I have only read the last 2 posts as it is way past my bed time. Will check it out properly tomorrow. Great catching up today. I also need an update on your business stuff. If you need any help just yell. I am good with a paint brush (: