Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Topherisms

Thought I would mention a couple of things C does that just crack me up.

First of all, he lives on very few types of food, tho he'll try lots of stuff on good days. He almost exclusively eats: chicken nuggets, quesadillas, avacados (but not with quesadillas, literally a bowl of avacado cut up), pbj (he must "pour" the jelly), ham and cheese (we actually switch off between ham and turkey, but he calls them all ham),waffles and cereal.

Lately, he cries almost whenever we leave anywhere. If we're leaving home, he wants to stay there and doesn't want to go wherever we're going. And when I drop him off at anyone's to be watched or play, he cries for me. However, when I try to pick him up, or leave whereever we went, he wants to stay there. This is a huge pain, and takes up quite a bit of time. Last night tho, he really broke my heart. I picked him up from my parents' after work, and he cried "I want to stay at Papa's!" He proceeded to wimper this in the car all the way home, and when we got in the door, he stomped his foot and screamed it at me. This was all fine, but then he started to to cry in this pitiful voice: "I don't like you guys" and "I don't love you guys." Now, the logical side of me realizes that he's 3 and has no idea what he's saying, but.....ouch! I found myself trying to reason with him and telling him he gets to go a lot of fun places, but we have to leave them eventually and go home, or somewhere else. I'm not sure how well it worked....

Quite often, C is at my parent's house at 9pm, when they read scriptures. They all take turns, and they give Christopher a turn as well. For some reason, he always gets a verse that says "And the Big Bad Wolf stole the cookies......" Sometimes the Big Bad Wolf blows a house down, but you get the idea. We try to explain to him that the scriptures are about Jesus, but remember, this is the kid who thinks Tinkerbell lives in the Salt Lake Temple. : ) Hopefully he'll get really good Primary teachers.

He is already concocting ways to stay up later, although his bedtime is already pretty dang late. More bedtime stories, I need to go potty, I'm thirsty, I wanna cuddle mommy......etc. Pretty sure I didn't try these tricks til I was at least 5 or 6, but I'll have to check with my mother to be sure!

1 comment:

Robbie and Barb's Family said...

I love that Tinkerbell lives at the temple!