Friday, September 12, 2008

Baseball Babble

Well, I'm fairly certain at this point that the Rox won't be having a postseason in 2008. I'm not sure if they're mathematically out of it yet, but they just got swept by a team that has been out for sometime, and if they have a chance, it's very slim. The walk-off balk to end the game on Tuesday in extra innings really killed me. I mean, seriously. I've seen a lot of baseball, and that's the first time I've seen that happen. And lately the team just doesn't seem to care. I think they need a new manager who'll pump 'em up. Or at least give them a swift kick in the pants once in a while! Suffice it to say, I'm not counting on any extra paychecks this October. There's always next year....but this year it wouldn't have taken much to win the suddenly crappy NL West division, a fact that adds to the disappointment.

The 2008 baseball season wasn't a total loss for us. Christopher joined Rockies Rookies this year and got to run the bases. He's played on the field a couple other times, but he really loved running those bases this year! He wanted to go again, but it was mass chaos and we did not want to wait around to see if they'd let him. And he's gotten lots of practice in the free T-ball cage. I think we're going to put him in some kind of baseball or T-ball team next summer. He's getting pretty good. He also logged a few hours at the playground, and in mommy's office, as I've talked about before. Whenever I stop working there, it will be weird to go back, because C probably thinks he owns the place at this point!

As the season draws to a close, I'm looking into business opportunities in hair. Specifically, getting into some type of room or booth renting situation. I'll keep ya posted!

No comments: