Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Autumn is coming...

I thought I'd write more about Christopher. I'm sure that's what most people want to know about, anyway ; P



I really adore my son. Maybe too much. Joel has been getting a little jealous. I'm trying to maintain more of a balance. Everything I've been through trying to have other children doesn't help. But he's a great kid, and I'm amazed at being a mom and watching him grow and learn; both of which go so fast!



Anyway, C is doing great. Potty training isn't going quite as quickly as I would like, but it is progressing, and I'm sure he'll be fine by the time we take our cruise, which is our only real deadline. He almost always goes in the morning, and if we're home he'll go by himself all day. But he's rather scared of "big potties," the #2 thing is elusive for now, and someday I would like to get his little potty out of my living room, but for now I'm just glad he's making progress, so I'm gonna deal with it!



He loves to go swimming. I think I'll put him in lessons sometime in the coming year. We went quite a bit this summer, and with his little floaties on he just paddles himself all over with his little feet. He still goes to plenty of baseball games, but he drives Joel crazy because he won't sit and watch at all. He wants to play T-ball, go to the playground, see Dinger, and hang out in the command center with mommy, so he keeps Joel running around the whole game. He had a blast while Joel's parents were here. We went to the Renaissance Festival, where he got to ride an elephant and got his first "real" sword. I should have some pictures somewhere....


I just took him for his 3-year well-care checkup, and he's doing great. He's way ahead of the mark in skills (with the exception of fine motor, where he's just a little ahead. Most of those things we just don't do very often, so I'm working on that), and he's right at the 25th percentile for height and weight. They checked his vision and blood pressure for the first time, and they were both in good shape. He had to get one shot, but the nurse made it really quick and he barely even noticed. All in all, he's the picture of good health.

I guess that's about it for now. We're really looking forward to our trip at Christmastime. We'll be taking a roadtrip to Florida, visiting Joel's family and Disney World, and taking a short cruise, all with my family. C is really looking forward to "the Big Mickey Boat," and I'm excited to see him have fun. Until then, we're just working away. I'll try to post more often and get some more pics up!

No comments: