Monday, September 15, 2008

Stressing out a little, family update, etc.

So, I'm looking into going into business. Kind of. I am trying to get into a salon studio. These are basically malls of individual salons, and it's kind of like boothrenting. You lease the space and basically own your own business. There's the potential to make great money, because you don't have much overhead, but there's still a lot to figure out. Taxes are one thing that are confusing the heck out of me! I want to start off on the right foot, but there's lots of conflicting info out there about it. I think I have someone who's going to help me, thank goodness. The other stuff is start-up cost, having enough clients, deciding which product lines to use, and of course childcare. I think everything will work out, but it's a little daunting to get started!

Not much else is going on. Last homestand for the Rockies, so that's winding down, which is why I'm looking into expanding my hair business at this time. Christopher is still working on potty training. He really is trying, but I'm about to pull my hair out! Joel is plugging along at work and school. That's about it. Anyone with advice on the business thing or potty-training, it would be greatly appreciated!!

Also, I went back and looked at the beginning of the blog, and thought I would do another family update, for anyone who cares.

My parents continue to have their ebay business, and it does pretty darn well. Local Affairs is also still up and running, mostly busy during the summer and holiday seasons.

Denise still teaches 3rd grade in Heber City, UT. She recently moved closer to her work as well. We got to see her a bit this summer. She is also very close to getting her masters degree. I think my mom said it'll be in the Spring. Lots of school, but pretty exciting!

Shauna works at Rangeview High School, running the computer lab and organizing testing. She's Junior class sponsor as well, so lots of planning activities! She also went back to school, with the intention of getting her teaching license to perhaps teach Health classes.

Steven went to BYU for the summer. Now he's back, going to school here, actually taking a film class or two with Jaime; and he just started a new job.

Jaime is working and going to school. She's still dating Andrew. And she's a great aunt to Christopher. Seriously : ).

Mitchell is in his Junior year at Rangeview (yes, he and Shauna see a lot of each other). He still plays football, and this year he is Student Body VP.

I think that's about it, well, a good summery anyway. Any questions?

1 comment:

The Easton Family said...

Kristen, I'm sorry that you thought I was referring to you! I certainly was not! I do know you and like you! You may keep my link on your blog. It really was someone I've only met one time and have not even had a conversation with other than, "nice to meet you." Send me your e-mail and I'll get you an invite! :)