Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Let's go, a GNO!

For those of you not familiar with the Hannah Montana (Miley Cyrus??) song, GNO stands for Girls Night Out. We had a great one a couple of Saturdays ago and I finally got a new computer and gathered some decent(ish) pics. A friend in the ward, Kealey, invited a bunch of us to an annual fundraising event for Volunteers of America called Western Fantasy. It's something her parents regularly support but were unable to attend this year. So, thanks to them, 10 of us had a fun Girls Only night out! Most of the girls are from my ward, and there was also a relative of Kealey's and a friend of hers from college. It was a lot of fun, we got to dress up country style. It's held at the Stockshow complex and there's dinner, silent auction, and entertainment.

Probably the coolest part- the concert. The main guest was Dierks Bentley. Not necessarily my favorite, but I love country music, it's about all I listen to in the car now, so I was surprised to find I knew all the songs he played but 2 or 3. It's a really great intimate concert setting, so here I am right next to the stage.
Addie, myself and Stacey at our table.

Andrea, myself and Stacey.


Here's all of us, and you can finally see that Stacey was VERY pregnant! From l-r in the back: Addie, Kristin, Andrea, Kealey, and Bree (sp?) front: Jessica, myself, Michelle, Stacey, and Emily.
So, thanks again for including me, Kealey! I had a great time. It was a great group and a really fun thing to get to do!



1 comment:

Kelly said...

Look at all those country girls coming out of the wood work (:

I am so jealous that I couldn't go. Simon and I had Avalanche tickets (great seats, right on the ice) for that night and I couldn't make it. I love country as well. Simon calls me a country snob because that is all I listen to as well.

Glad you had a great time! Even if it was with out me . . . (;