Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Welcome 2009!!!

I say this completely wholeheartedly, since 2008 was a very hard year for me emotionally. But I rush ahead a bit..... We got home from Florida (we came back the southern route, no spinning off the road, thankyouverymuch!) Sunday night. It was back to real life pretty fast. Joel had to work Monday. I, on the other hand, did just about nothing but rest and recover from the trip. I went back to work Tuesday and Wednesday.



Wednesday I went over to my parents and got to see my cousin Ashley before she jetted back to Arizona a little early. It was nice to get to talk to her, because I don't get to see her very often at all. Later that evening, most everyone from my Dad's side of the family came over to my parents'. No one stayed until midnight- not even us! People had early morning flights and other New Years things to get to (I just went home and went to sleep. I've seen enough balls drop). But it was fun to visit with everyone. Doug's family lives in Arizona now, and my cousins are still in Florida. These branches of the family used to get together quite often, but now we hardly see everyone, let alone altogether! Denise made us all get together for a picture, so here it is:



I'm not going to name everyone (we aren't exactly in rows!), but there are 3 branches of my Dad's side of the family. He and 2 of his brothers, their wives, children & spouses (with a couple of exceptions) & 8 1/2 grandchildren (I say that because Jenny is about to enter her 3rd trimester). Again, so great to see everyone. I wish we could do it a lot more often!

Hmmmm...what to say about 2008? It was a rough, humbling year for me. A lot of great things happened. I started my business, C turned 3 (k, that one could go in the good and bad columns! : P), Joel really got going with school, and we got to travel to Florida (twice) and California to see family. Most of this is overshadowed for me by the tubal pregnancy and everything that came with it. I really went through a whole grieving process, and was surprised at how intense it was. There was also the whole economy downturn; and an election that, though I can appreciate the historic significance of, I was not necessarily thrilled with the result of. But, life goes on, and I have every reason to believe that, at least personally, 2009 will be much better! I hope everyone had great holidays!!

No comments: