Monday, December 01, 2008

My Little Boy

The other night Christopher fell asleep in my arms. It had been a particularly draining day, more attempts at potty training, lots of talking back, not listening, etc. And so I looked down at him and thought How can something so adorable, so docile, so absolutely angelic, wreak SO MUCH havoc???

The accompanying picture was a few nights earlier, but similar circumstances. He totally conked out on the chair in the living room, and I had to take a picture to remember things like this!

Some great things he does, in the midst of all the craziness, that I want to remember:

-Mornings. He usually ends up in our bed by sometime ridiculously early in the morning, and when he wakes up, it's instant. He looks over at our window, and if he can tell the sun is out, he declares it's definitely time to wake up! If I'm not cooperating, he'll start cock-o-doodle-dooing! He also usually tells me he loves me or I'm beautiful (brainwashing by his father) fairly early on in the day as well.

-Just the way he talks. There are things he adds on to phrases that I have no idea where he learned. He says "either" a LOT. As in "I don't want to do that, either!" Even if we weren't talking about anything else. He also says "right now" after a lot of things when it makes no sense. He told Santa "I want Pixos right now," and Santa looked at me like "huh?". I explained it's just something he says, and he knows Santa brings presents on Christmas Eve. He also says "I'm hungry/thirsty about (something very specific)." Then we have to negotiate to get him to eat or drink anything besides said item.

-He loves to help clean, do dishes, basically anything but pick up his own stuff! This is both endearing and extremely annoying, because it pretty much has to be his idea, and even if he's "helping", it tends to take longer than doing it yourself! Lately he's been cleaning the snow off of the car with Joel, and every flake has to be cleaned off. This never happens of course, because we're usually in a hurry, so he throws a fit in his seat for most of the car trip.

-When he says "Mommy, I want to hold you", and we cuddle. I'm sure this will end sometime soon, and I'll be very sad! He's already refusing to give me kisses, or wiping them off right away if he does!

No comments: