Monday, December 29, 2008

Disney World!!!!

Ha! I figured out how to change the pictures around! Sorry, pretty proud of myself. Been trying to do this for months.

Anyway, as I said, we got to the parks, specifically Disney Hollywood Studios (still SO hard to call it that! Maybe I'll get used to the name change in about 10 years) at 9am. We were early actually. My friend Trish was letting us into the park with her Silver Pass, and I hate to make someone wait when they're doing us such a favor! We wanted to do the Studios first because we wanted to see the new Toy Story attraction. Here getting off the tram after parking:

The Toy Story attraction was pretty cool. It's an interactive 3-D midway shooting game. I took lots of pics of the waiting queue, but see no reason to post them here.

Here is Christopher in the Playhouse Disney Show. As you can see, he LOVED it. It features 4 of his favorite Disney Channel Shows, and all of their characters. He's seen it before, but I guess it hasn't lost it's appeal! You can tell he's happy from this pic, but you can't tell that in addition to clapping, he was dancing all over the place!

After the Studios, we headed over to Magic Kingdom. I had lunch reservations in the Castle for most of the girls. That will be a seperate post. Anyway, we met up with my cousin Becky and her daughter Audrey. She is 7 months younger than Christopher. After lunch, we all rode the carousel, so here's a pic of C and Audrey on their horses:

And I got a pretty good shot of Spaceship Earth in Epcot this trip:


And of course, pics of the castle are a dime a dozen, but I've never gotten to see it done up for Christmas this way before:




So, on the 20th we did 3 parks (some of the family actually did all 4!). We went with plenty of people. My whole family (Well, Denise got there in the evening and just did a couple of attractions, and Steven wasn't in town yet; but they got to go the 26th), Grandma Montes, Joel's parents, and his brother Jeremy all came. At Epcot Jeremy, who drew my name for Christmas, let me pick a pearl from an oyster in Japan. I got a pretty decent sized one and he even had it set in a necklace for me. Not something I would ever do for myself, but it was a lot of fun! Mostly we (as in, Joel and I) just tried to get in the things C really wanted to do, and I think we were pretty successful. Everyone else hopped around and did what they really wanted to. We opened the parks up and almost closed them down (I think my family actually did). 9am to after 11pm! The next morning we were off to the cruise!

No comments: