Monday, December 29, 2008

Cruise, Day 2

I know those of you who know me will be totally shocked, but Day 2 actually began with me up at 6:30, jogging on Deck 4. So, I got to see the sunrise! Here is the best pic I got of it:
I meant to wake up early every day, but it was not to be! I made everyone get up on this morning early enough to eat at Triton's. They have (by far) the best breakfast, and they close the earliest. Christopher loved that breakfast, because he got a Mickey waffle. In fact, the next morning he was ticked he couldn't have one! (This was my fault, they used to have those things at the buffets and everything. Some things have changed, darn it!). I had french toast with slices of pineapple in between that was really yummy!

This was our day at Nassau, in the Bahamas. Our (well, my sisters and I) main goal was to get cheap knockoff purses, which we did. After shopping, we got back on the boat. No day at sea on this short cruise, so I wanted the extra time on the ship. And shopping was NOT Christopher's favorite thing! : P
Here's a great shot I got of Nassau from the ship. I'm always amazed at how blue the water is!
Once back on the ship, we took C to play shuffleboard. As with most games, he cheated, but he had a great time.
Stitch was in the atrium to meet and take pics. I sent Joel with C. Who's the bigger trouble-maker???? Anyone?? Yep, probably a toss-up! : PThe towel monkey our room steward left that night. First night was a dog, but I didn't have room for the pic.


So, day 2 was basically shopping at Nassau; back on the ship for some fun on deck and eating (cuz it's free, why pay for something on the island??); shopping on the ship; I took a nap with C (we wanted him awake for the show that night!); dinner (Jaime, Denise, Joel and I at Palo, everyone else at Tritons); oh, and it was pirate night, so they gave us all bandanas, and captain Jack was lurking around the ship; the show that night was Toy Story the Musical, which C did stay awake for, and was totally entranced by and loved; and to continue Pirate Night, there was a little show on the top deck- complete with fireworks- and a full dinner and dessert buffet. All I could fit in me were some crepes, but it was great.





No comments: