Thursday, October 30, 2008

Trunk or Treat #2

I mentioned before that we always to to my parents' ward Trunk or Treat, so that was #1, but Shauna is the only one who took pictures there and she's in California for the week. So, those pictures will come later.

I've actually been forgetting my camera everywhere I go lately. So, part of waiting to post this stuff is just because I'm at the mercy of those who are much better at remembering theirs to send me the pics!

Luckily, my friend Kelly is generous AND prompt. She sent me the pics from our own ward Trunk or Treat- which was last night- to me this morning. It turned out great. A friend in the ward decided that we really needed to have an event this year, and she was great at pulling it together. It's Fall Break for the schools around here, so a lot of people are out of town, but we had a great turnout! My trunk is a mess, plus I just have a little sedan, so we joined in on Kelly's car and handed out our candy there. She did a great job decorating, as did a lot of people in the ward. I was amazed at the theming! I didn't even dress up. Such a slacker. Anyway, here are just a couple of pics of C in his costume. I think he liked giving out the candy more than getting his own! Weird kid : P Here he is with Kelly's son Kaiden giving candy out of Kelly's car. Kaiden's a bit older than C, but they like to hang out together. C always likes older kids.
He especially loved to give out the eyeballs!

He loves the "big tummy" on his costume. We looked at lots of them, but he was determined to be "a monkey WITH a banana"!

Anyway, we had lots of fun. I think Christopher is good on the candy front, but we will be going Trick or Treating in my parents' neighborhood anyway. You just have to! Plus, he LOVES wearing that costume! After this we picked up Joel from work and went to dinner at Costa Vida (I have been eating there way too much lately.....), and we had to bribe him to take the costume off before we went in the restaurant!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Christopher looked so cute in his little costume. He did love those eyeballs didn't he. Thanks for joinin us in our car. Kaiden does love having Christopher to hang out with. I think he thinks he's like a pretend big brother. Love your post.