Monday, October 27, 2008

Autumn, new business, Halloween

I haven't posted in a few days, mostly because our computer got infected again and it seems kind of hopeless that we'll get it back at all. I don't know why this keeps happening! I'm just praying my brother can save most of my pictures. We already lost most of the ones we had from the first couple of years of C's life. Which all makes me even more grateful for this blog! Anyway, my mom gave me a laptop so I could at least check email and I thought I should post, even if I can't put up pics yet.

I opened for business last week and it was great. A little bit of stress over baby-sitting, but mostly it went as planned. My first client and her husband brought sparkling cider and flowers, and gave me an official "first dollar", it was really thoughtful of them. I'll post some pics of the salon when I get the new computer. I turned out great.

I've decided I love Fall in Colorado and will really miss it if we move away. But there are so few days that are really Autumn! We're already talking about snow and I definitely will NOT miss that!

We went to our first Halloween party this past weekend. We always crash my parents' ward Trunk or Treat so we can see old friends. C was thrilled to wear his "monkey with a banana" costume, and of course, he was adorable. Our ward is actually having one this year too, so we'll go to that on Wednesday. I should have pics from both; and of course, Halloween, soon.

I had a fun weekend I will also be posting pics from soon. We've been very busy lately! I really function better that way. Throwing myself into my new business and attending more of he social church stuff lately has been really good for me. I think I did OK after everything happened this summer, but I did get a little angry for a little longer than I would have liked, and I sort of felt lost and frustrated. Luckily, there has been an increase in new, younger couples and families in our ward lately and I've gotten to meet new people and I love it.

Lots more to come in the next couple of days!

1 comment:

Amber and The Boys said...

I can't wait to see pics of your salon!!! Where is it at? How exciting! Why are you guys thinking of leaving CO?