Thursday, August 27, 2009

Preschool

Christopher started Preschool Wednesday. A woman in our ward decided to do a program in her home with 8 kids. He's just going to go Monday and Wednesday mornings. I'm excited, because we were looking into it, but everything was so expensive, we were just going to do the Spring. This way he'll do the whole year, and he'll get to know some of the kids in his Primary class better.

When we first mentioned it to him, he didn't seem too keen on the idea, but we've been hyping it up and had him pretty excited by the time it started. He had to wear his Rockies backpack, which he doesn't necessarily need, but is way cute. I had to include both pictures, because he's such a poser!

I dropped him off and he ran down the stairs and started pulling things out of his backpack (we put some paper and a folder and pencil in their at his insisting). My mom had to pick him up because I was doing hair, and he was NOT happy about it! But later when I got home, he told me all about it. The first thing he said was "I didn't learn anything, like you said, Mom! We just sang songs and played the name game." I asked him if he learned the other kids names from that game, and he said no to that too. Then he proceeded to show me a packet where he traced things and started to write his name. I guess if he doesn't think he's learning, but he is, it's fine by me! He's really excited to go back.

No comments: