Thursday, August 20, 2009

Cameron

Well, he's finally here! Cameron was born at 5:54pm on Thursday, August 13th. We checked into the hospital at 7:30am, I was settled and hooked up to saline and potocin by 8:30, they broke my water at about 9:30, and I started having somewhat painful contractions. They gave me the epidural, which made me feel a LOT better, but seemed to slow labor down quite a bit, too. I'm not exactly sure how long I was pushing, I think a couple of hours; but it was a LONG time, a lot longer than it took me with Christopher! The baby was stuck for quite a while, and when he finally came out, he was upside down with his arms up on his chest. NOT helpful! But other than a cone head that went down pretty fast, and a huge bruise across his forehead, he's pretty perfect. In fact, he looks a LOT like Christopher when he was a newborn. It's like I gave birth to twins four years apart! OK, there are little differences, but overall he resembles his big brother quite a bit. He weighed 6 lbs 12 oz, and was 20 inches long (Christopher was 6, 15 and 19 1/2).

Here are some pictures from the hospital:

Daddy and son #2

C feeding the baby a bottle (he nurses really well, but we had to supplement with formula the first couple of days, and we like the babies to take both anyway)
Another big brother/little brother picture. Aren't they cute??!!Baby Cameron chillin' in his blanket. We left the hat on on purpose, just know that under there is a horrific bruise!!
So, right now said baby boy is actually crying to be fed, so I'll do the week-old update a little later!

1 comment:

The Easton Family said...

sure is a cutie! Congratulations...and apparently you survived your first day alone with the boys! :)