Friday, March 27, 2009

Ultrasound for Baby #2

The weather tried really hard to mess with getting the ultrasound done today, but I was pretty determined not to reschedule it. HUGE thanks to my parents who came and got me in the 4WD car and took me down to my appointment. My Mom was already going to go with me, because Joel's work wouldn't let him come in late or anything, and I didn't want to be alone, but it took a good chunk of my Dad's day too, and I'm really grateful! He even scraped off my car after he brought me home so I can run errands later! LOVE Dad!

So, I was supposed to have the ultrasound and then see my doctor, but when I got there, they had just taken someone in to the ultrasound room who's appointment was at 8:15 (mine was at (9:45 and this was just before that), so they were obviously running behind because of opening late due to the weather, and people's travel issues. Luckily, my doctor was able to see me right away, so we just flipped the appointments. My doctor informed me that the bloodwork I did last week (quad screen) was all good, except that I'm anemic. She prescribed a couple of different things for that, and then Mom and I waited for the ultrasound.

It's probably just because I've had so many now, but I could actually kind of see what the tech was talking about this time! Very exciting, because every other time, I've just been like "If you say so...." when they pointed things out to me. I also really like this tech too. I've seen her a couple of times now, and she's great about actually talking to you!

So, bear with me, because these are pictures of the pictures, but you can see pretty well. So, here is what we call the "Oh, my aching neck!" picture. The baby kept reaching back like this, or putting its hands over its face (yep, you totally have to wait til the end of this post to find out what it is, if you don't already know! : P), so cute!

This is just a good pic of the whole baby. It was nice to see these after she was done measuring all the little things she needed to get for the doctor. You can actually recognize a baby!
And last, but not least, here is "The Picture." Nikki (the tech) said "I'm just going to get between the legs and see if you can tell what it is." And just like Christopher, this kid left NO question! Definitely a Boy! That little white thing is actually a hand figure pointing out the "important" stuff.
I admit, I was kind of hoping for a girl, but this baby is such an amazing surprise, we're just so grateful to have another child at all, and we really just want him to be healthy. Christopher, of course, is THRILLED! Although he won't listen to me when I tell him we are not actually naming the baby "Peel." He will probably actually call him that. He has already renamed my cousin Jenny's 2-week-old Bodie "Elephant," and will not refer to him any other way!
K, so now I need help with names! I really only had girl names, and it seems like any boy names I even like are taken by loved ones. Help!!


3 comments:

Amber and The Boys said...

Yay! I love boys! Good thing huh? I am telling you, brotherhood is the best. Nathan and Jack are absolutely best friends-now Christopher can have that with someone too! Good luck on the name thing. We think boys names are impossible!

The Easton Family said...

Congratulations! Boys are awesome... I actually think girl names are harder than boys, because it's hard to use a last name on a girl! Kimball, Martin, Porter...:) Good luck!

Robbie and Barb's Family said...

Hooray and congrats! Good luck with boy names! We were lucky to come up with the one we needed! You can borrow William as a name if you need to ;-)