Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Another Member of the Family

Meet Bob the Builder Fishy (we also have a Build-a-Bear Koala Bear named Bob the Builder, and before he settled on "peel", C said we should also use this name for the baby. We're not quite sure where this obsession came from.) We got him shortly before C's 3rd birthday. We wanted him to get used to feeding something before we eventually get the dog we would like to have. So, we have now had Fishy (I can't say the whole name all the time!) for about 8 months, longer than any Beta I've owned. Although I have a friend who had one live for 2 years.

This fish has lived through being watched by families in our ward twice. We have no idea how long he'll live, and I worry about what we'll happen when he passes. Joel and I are pretty chicken, so we'll probably go to every Wal-Mart in the area to find a replacement and hope C doesn't realize it's not Bob.

Anyway, this is the only fish I've seen that I really think has personality. I feed him every morning when I make my cereal, mostly because he is there begging as soon as he sees someone in the kitchen. I am not kidding. He will eat the food practically out of my fingers, and he won't eat any food that's not fresh. If it's been in there a while, he doesn't want it. Also, I swear he posed for these pictures. Check it out: This bright one was the first one I took. Obviously, the flash got in the way, but you can see his pretty colors better, and you can also see that he was already posing! Crazy fish.


1 comment:

Amber and The Boys said...

Agh-you threw me off there. I was thinking you had your ultrasound and knew what your baby is. Duh-it's Friday huh?