Monday, May 03, 2010

Catching up is hard to do....

...Seriously! I don't even know where to begin. I've been working a TON lately and I wish I would have at least blogged from my Rockies job, cuz this is going to be really hard! I'm going to try to list most of the things I want to remember here, and then I'll try to elaborate and include some pics in some follow-up posts.

The last week of February I started working pretty much full-time at Rangeview, both subbing for my mom a bit and helping prep for CSAP testing. It was crazy as usual. New people were in charge this year, and it's quite the process, so it was a little stressful. I ended up working a LOT for the school all through March and well into April (prepping for ACTs) as well. Waking up at 5am is not my favorite! Of course April 10th was Opening Day for the Rockies, and I love being back at that job, though staying up that late is getting harder and harder for me. We've had a lot of crazy stuff this year so far. The first No-Hitter pitched by a Rockie (Ubaldo Jiminez, April 17th, a road game in Atlanta, so unfortunately I didn't see it in person). Then on April 21st, Keli McGregor, the President of the Rockies, was found dead in SLC at 48, apparently of natural causes. He was someone I'd met a few times and saw around a lot and exchanged pleasantries with. It was odd that he was so young, and he was in great shape. It hit the Organization pretty hard for a few days. I went to his Memorial which was very nice. Everyone was pretty ok until his kids talked, then it was hard! Through all of this time I have also been doing hair, so obviously this has made for a very busy and tired Kristen! But it helps our finances and that's nice :)

Joel's job has been kind of frustrating. They closed his branch in November, and he had to take a demotion to keep his job. He went back to his original position at his original branch and took a pay-cut. He's just about to take another one, which is frustrating, but I know some people have it much worse financially than we do right now. The part that is hard is it seems to get him down, I know it's hard on his ego and puts him in a hard position at work, and I feel bad for him. But we're trying to have a positive attitude and just keep forging forward with what is within our control.

Cameron will, of course, have his own post to catch up. He's been through a lot of little not-so-fun things (ear infections which led to getting tubes, measles, eczema...), but overall he is a GREAT baby and we love him LOTS! Ditto for Christopher, tho he has lots of little quirks more and more lately!

Also towards the end of February, on the 25th, my cousin Becky went into pre-term labor in her 21st week of pregnancy and subsequently lost her twins. I don't want to go into too much detail, because it's really not my story to tell, but I wanted to make note of it so we remembered the date and everything. She named them Scarlett and Luke and I can't wait until we can see them an am sad they won't be here, but know they will be part of our eternal family. After this happened, she started a team for the March for Babies through March of Dimes, and as a team we raised over $2000 and walked in at least 4 different states in memory of the twins! In Denver it was a 5-mile walk towards the end of April, and I took both boys and my Dad came with us. It was a great experience.

March 18th we took Christopher to see the First National Tour of Mary Poppins the Musical at the Buell Theatre downtown. It was his first professional-type live performance (besides the Disney Cruise Shows), and he did pretty well. It was a LONG play and the first Act kind of dragged, but the 2nd Act had lots of fun stuff and kept him entertained. It was fun to take him to something like that. Totally taking him to Wicked next time it comes around, he loves the music and keeps asking when he can see it!

March 20th was Joel's birthday, he turned 32. We celebrated a week later with a night out with my cousin and his wife. Now he's got 2 years on me til June :).

Towards the end of March, we had a few days off together (Joel took some time of thinking he would go to Florida for something, but that fell-through; I was on Spring Break with the school). We wanted to do a little in-state traveling, but our tax-return didn't come in time. So, we just spent some time as a family and relaxed. Mini-golf, zoo, parks, etc.

Easter will have its own post too, I have some fun pics. We celebrated with our family and the Fowler/Rice/Jones Family. It was also Conference Sunday this year.

Well, that's mostly it. I'm sure I'm forgetting some things, as it was I had to go back through my facebook updates to try to remember everything! I would like to note that a lot of people we love and care about are going through some really hard things. It's made me think of 2010 in kind of a negative way so far, although it has also helped minimize and put our trials into perspective. Again, not really my stories to tell, but we think of and pray for them a lot and I wanted them to know that; the ones who read the blog anyway. :)

No comments: