Monday, February 15, 2010

Ringing in 2010

For New Year's Eve Denise and Steven were in town from Utah (they went to California for Christmas and then came back here for a few days), and I really wanted to spend it with them. My cousin Dan and his family always go downtown for the fireworks, and I never had, so we thought we would try it. Lightrail is free that night, so we hopped on and went down to the 16th street mall and met Dan's family and our friends Lorae and Lester and their kids. Here are some pics:Denise and Lily. Somehow there are no pics of Joseph (lily's brother) from that night, but I know he was there!
My cousin Daniel, his wife Jeanine and their children Abby, Zander, Jason (the one who's face you can't see :)), and Clark (the blond in the stroller who has no business being their child :P)
Just had to get a pic of Cameron in. He didn't go downtown, but here he is at home.
Christopher on the "train" (that's what he calls the lightrail, which he is an old pro at as he and Joel ride it to baseball games all the time). He thought it took way too long. We ate at Costa Vida and got on at the southern-most station, so it was a while. But we got to sit the whole time :)
Joel being a dork on the lightrail
Look, I'm in a picture! Don't I look fantastic? I was more worried about staying warm than make-up or anything. Anyway, here are the Gaineys and Denise and Steven down on the 16th Street Mall waiting for the fireworks.
Lorae and Lester Fowler. Some of you may hear me refer to Lorae as my adopted big sister. She and Lily and Joseph have been part of the family for years now.

It was pretty fun. Mostly I just love to spend time with everyone. Fireworks are never especially wowing to me because after you've seen Disney's, everything else seems kind of like they just shoot pretty lights up in the air. These ones are nice because they do them at 9pm AND midnight, so we took the kids at 9 and then toasted with my parents at midnight and went to bed. Welcome, 2010!


No comments: