Thursday, October 25, 2007

WS Game 1

OK, so game 1 sucked. I couldn't even watch most of it. But I still have a few points to make (or hopefulness to express, however you want to look at it : )).

1. I really think we were just letting the Sox get all the runs out of their bats. Might as well let them exhaust their offense while Josh Beckett is on the mound, right?
2. The layoff. Though I have been cursing the commentators on ESPN (And everywhere else) for talking about it non-stop, it's not normal in baseball to have more than a day off at a time, the exception being All-Star Break, which is still only 3 days for the players. That being said, the break didn't need to be that long. The days off without travel were ridiculous. And I'm sick of everyone making it sound like the Rockies did it to themselves. What did you want them to do? Throw a game and risk a comeback??? Anyway, the point is, the guys probably did have some rust to shake off. And while it might keep showing up in the starting pitching, I think they did that.
3. I'm not sure having Eric Byrnes back on our side is helping any. He dissed us while they were here, and we swept the DBacks. Now he's singing the Rockies' praises and then we get totally routed like that. I think he should go back to underestimating our team.

So, it can't get much worse, right? Even if they lose tonight, they come home for 3 games. And by the way, I hope there will be a lot of security for the Fox people, because their desk is pretty close to the command center, and I would love to slap that woman for saying the 20-1 run was "lucky". They've had enough time at this point to do some research and be informed about the Rockies. Ignorant National Media.

No comments: