Sunday, October 21, 2007

Snow

It's snowing today. We woke up to a couple of inches and plenty still falling from the sky. I had gotten up and showered early to try to make my cousin Carol's ward to see her son's in their Primary Program. But after I looked outside, I decided not to go.

I'm not sure why I'm so anxious about driving in snow. I've never had a problem. At least, not an accident. Maybe it's only since I've become a mother. Joel has had a couple of incidents, but no one has been hurt, it has just cost a lot of money. Perhaps I'm scared that it's just a matter of time. The more we drive in it, the more the odds seem to go up. Or maybe I'm just sick of spending money to fix things caused by snow and ice that melts the next time the sun appears. I realized this week, when the talk of snow began on the news, how much it actually terrified me. I talked to Joel about it a little bit. Mostly just reenforcing the tentative decision we've made to move back to Florida within the next couple of years or so. One day, if we ever have enough money, I'd love to be one of those Snowbirds who live in Florida during the winter and here in the summer. I do love it here, and I know I'll have a really hard time moving away from my family again, but somehow it doesn't seem worth trapping myself in my home out of fear. Even the couple of times a year that actually happens.

So, now it looks like the weather will be very interesting for the World Series games we will host. I still say we should put a dome on Coors Field.

No comments: