Friday, February 20, 2009

Bowling

So, this past Friday night (a week ago now), we went to my cousin Carol's son Kyrelle's Birthday Party at a bowling alley in Lakewood. Christopher LOVES bowling. I'm not really sure why. He's had a little at-home bowling game for a while, and I thought if he ever did the real thing, he wouldn't be nearly as excited as he thought. But, he's been twice now, and he still loves it. At both parties, he was the only kid who we didn't have to hunt down for a turn at least once in a while. He was always standing by the balls, saying "Is it my turn yet?". The first time, I was actually really worried, because he insisted on holding a ball the whole time. That couldn't have been good for his little back! This time he was a little calmer (there were also a lot more kids this time, so I think he realized it would be a little longer in between turns). Anyway, here are some pics:
All the kids hamming it up for the camera. From left to right: Zander (my cousin Dan's son), Abby (also Dan's), Christopher, Jason (also Dan's), and Eilio and Kyrelle (both my cousin Carol's).
Sending the ball down. They got bumpers on the lane AND this nifty little ramp to help aim the ball (and give it enough power to get all the way down the lane!).

The (almost) final scores. My camera was dying, so I had to take it a little early. Christopher didn't even care that he won. He was busy crying because he didn't want to stop bowling!



Selecting his ball.


We broke for the kids to wat right in the middle of the game. Christopher looks happy in the pic, but he did NOT want to stop bowling, and we had to deal with a minor meltdown before we got to this point.




No comments: