Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Christopher is 4!

Yesterday Christopher turned 4. It was a busy day. I had a hair appointment in the morning (to get mine done, not to do someone else's), during which time Joel and Christopher put up Cameron's crib and rearranged the room so the boys can share. This may not seem necessary yet, but the crib has its own storage and we have nowhere else to keep Cameron's clothes and such. So even though he won't be in there for a few months, now we have all of his stuff in there and out of boxes in our living room! Christopher was not completely thrilled at first to rearrange his room, but then he warmed up and helped and now he's really excited. I'll try to get pics of that up here soon.

Anyway, after that we headed out to order Christopher's cake for the weekend "party." We ordered it from Sam's and then headed down to where my doctor's appointment was. I have to see the doc every week now, so Tuesday is appointment day until this baby is born! Which is nice, because Tuesday is also Joel's day off and he can come with me. We had lunch at Costa Vida (this will also be a Tuesday ritual until the baby is born : )), which is a couple blocks from the hospital. Then we went to my appointment, and C insisted on coming in to see the the doctor with me. This is good cuz then Joel can come in, and C can hear the baby's heartbeat and such. My doctor said I'm definitely progressing (I don't want to gross anyone out, so I'll spare you the details!) and that she'd definitely consider inducing me a week early if I'm really uncomfortable. I'm thinking we may take her up on that! She said it would be really easy this time considering my body is already starting to do what it's supposed to. I have to admit, when she said last week that things were starting to happen, I was excited, but also unexpectedly scared. It suddenly hit me that I don't know what it's like to go into labor! With Christopher, I was induced from scratch! So, this compromise would be nice. I just want to get through the Cubs series at work. Cubs fans tend to make our lives interesting and I don't want to make the guys do my job that weekend! We'll see what happens as we get closer.

After that, we went bowling, which is what C really wanted to do for his birthday. My mom and Dad met us at Brunswick and we bowled a couple of games (well, not me, I'm not supposed to bowl) and played in the arcade. Christopher loved it until he realized Shauna and Lily and JoJo never showed up (they all had things come up). I felt so bad when he cried because his friends weren't there! But Saturday we're going to do cake and presents and they promised to be there. Plus, Shauna came this evening and took him out for Cold Stone, so he got to spend some time with her. After bowling, we went to Pei Wei (otherwise known as "Jaime's work," even tho both Jaime AND Mitchell work there) for dinner. Then we came home and let C open his present from us, which was Pirates of the Carribbean Toss Across, which he has already made me play several times!

Today his package from Joel's parents came with 3 more presents which he couldn't wait to open and loved. I'm a little worried about what will happen when he's not getting mail everyday, because he sure has loved getting all of his cards! I'll post more and pics after we have his little party Saturday. We wanted to do something on his actual birthday, and were kind of afraid to put all of our eggs in one basket considering something could have happened with the baby.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday C!!!! Wow you are getting big. Just think . . . . in a very short time you will be a big brother as well. You are so lucky!!

Kristen, can you believe your baby is 4? Crazy hey (:
Glad all is well with the appointments and Cameron. It's nice that Joel can come with you on his day off as well.

Happy days . . . . - Kelly xoxoxo