Saturday, November 24, 2007

I can cook! (kind of)

We had Thanksgiving at my parents' home with my family (minus Steven, of course), and Lorae and her 2 children and my Uncle Rob. I actually helped a lot with cooking. I made the mashed potatoes, southern cornbread stuffing, double chocolate gooey cake, and pumpkin gooey cake. All recipes (with the exception of Mashed potatoes, I'm not that dumb : )) courtesy of the Food Network and Paula Deen. Everything turned out well. The Chocolate gooey cake was especially popular. So, now it's going to be harder for me to get out of cooking. Lorae is already saying I have to make Christmas dinner all by myself. I don't think so! Lorae made her homemade mac and cheese, yams with glazed pecans and marshmallows, and she and my Dad partnered up for the fried turkey. We tried to keep it easy for my mom, but she still made gravy, stuffing, rolls, and roasted a 2nd turkey. A few of the other relations came over for dessert (Jenny, Jimmy, Dan & Jeanine and their kids, and Kathy), and then the original group was joined by Lorae's former mother-in-law and nephew to go see Enchanted. It was a nice Holiday.

I finally got a new camera the night before Thanksgiving, so I will be posting more pics and won't have to beg for them anymore! I'll post some from Thanksgiving as soon as I figure out all the workings of my shiny new Canon SD-1000 : ) My family did a lot of day-after shopping. Denise and Shauna got me the one thing I reallly wanted, a KitchenAid mixer. It was too good a deal to pass up! Though after the night we spent at my parents, and all that cooking, Christopher and I really needed to sleep, so I couldn't go with them. I was glad to find the camera online early for the BF price, too! Going out in the cold is not my idea of fun!

No comments: